Translate

Monday, May 5, 2014

How to REMIX the Soup

My daughter loves soup.. or should I say broth ;) I can usually get her to at least try new veggies, if they are surrounded by broth.
On Thursday I made a Asian Chicken Wing Soup with what I grabbed assuming that it was flowering cabbage.. was in fact broccoli rabe. Very similar in taste. I am glad that I made the connection because many of the soups I have learned over the years, were taught to me by foreign friends.
There's nothing like having English as a first language but only knowing the Vietnamese name for a vegetable. Lol
By the way a RICE COOKER is a single parents BEST FRIEND!!! Get one! I have an Oster rice cooker/steamer and I absolutely love it.
TIPS
ALWAYS RINSE YOUR RICE
THE WATER NEEDS TO BE ABOUT AN INCH OVER THE RICE (I measure with the first indent of my pointer finger)
On Sunday, I REMIXED the broth and made an Asian inspired Meatball Soup with a twist, I used the pre made meatballs. Rosina was the brand. Not my favorite but good. Take a look below
Enjoy Peeps
Cook. Create. Coexist

No comments:

Post a Comment