Translate

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cooked eggs and no Tamika

From the age of about 8 to the time I turned 33, I despised eggs... I could not eat any kind of eggs besides hard boiled. Due to a traumatic event even the thought of eggs made me gag and/or cry.
When I turned about 25, I asked my close friend, Daniel to make me an omelet. Btw this is the egg-culprit, this is the dish that caused me to stop eating eggs. I declared that I would eat that omelet no matter what! I was determined to get over that fear and I was determined to get over the trauma... Cut to me crying the entire time, Bahahahaha. I did finish that omelet though.
My next experience with eggs would come about 5 years later while I was pregnant with my daughter. My Cindy mom decided to make red enchiladas and asked if I wanted a fried egg on top... To which I said why the hell not.
Something about that gravy that that yolk made with the red enchilada sauce just made me think totally differently about eggs. Since then I have used fried eggs with a lot of my dishes.... But you still won't catch eating an omelet!!!!!!
Moral of the story: Revisit an old dish or food item and have an open mind about the fact that our taste buds change and this dish might just blow your mind:)

No comments:

Post a Comment